Ortho2ExpressMatrix is a Web Server that provides combined information on gene expression and gene families of two objects for the user's (external) gene expression data to be associated with (internal) gene family information from the tool's data background.
Some short features:
Helps are given in the USAGE section. Some information on data in the background are given in the FAQs section. Test visualizations can be directly carried out below for test data files that contain random data.
- Objects can be organisms (species: Hs, Mm, Ce, Dm, Sc), individuals, cell lines, tissues, or two techniques for an identical biological individual.
- Data annotation can be on gene, transcript, protein level or given by probe set annotation. Annotation levels can be mixed for the two objects but must be applied either for either protein coding genes or for microRNAs.
- Supported expression data types: Either gene expression data (ratios to be calculated) or differential gene expression (given ratios, log2-ratios, log10-ratios) can be uploaded from one or two files. Ortho2ExpressMatrix processes currently no mixed data types.
- Supported data formats: tab separated plain text files; users can directly upload GEO Series files; EXCEL file tables must be converted to *.txt format.
- Ortho2ExpressMatrix visualizes genomic, proteomic or transcriptomic expression data of protein coding genes with respect to one out of four protein family approaches; or, microRNA expression data to one out of two microRNA family approaches.
- The idea in Ortho2ExpressMatrix is to filter out those paralogous genes that react in a similar way (by differential gene expression) on a disturbance of the cell, e.g., a disease, a gene knock-out, etc.